Saturday 6 April 2019

Long Distant Shots

I went for another look at Bowling Green Marsh this morning where I saw a couple of Greylag Geese , 2 male Gadwall , and yesterdays Great White Egret graced us with it presence today but it was way over in the far corner of the marsh along with a Little Egret and a Grey Heron .
There was also large flocks of Common Sand Martin going through the marsh and I was able to pick out my first Barn Swallow in Devon this year . And down around the bushes by the viewing platform I saw 2 Stock Dove , a European Green Woodpecker , a Mistle Thrush , 4 Cetti`s Warbler , 2 Blackcap and 2 Common Chiffchaff .
A look at the Exe Estuary then got me my first 4 Sandwich Tern of the year but they were well out in the middle of the estuary + a female Red-Breasted Merganser and on the Clyst Estuary there was 12 Red Knot .

No comments:

Post a Comment