Monday 29 October 2018

Yellow-Browed Warbler

My look around Bowling Green Marsh today proved to be a good move in the end as the day started off quite slow . As from the hide I only saw 12 Pied Avocet , 1 Red Knot and a Bar-Tailed Godwit worth talking about . So I made my way down to the far end of the marsh to check out the bushes and there were lots of common birds with 7 Winter Wren , 6 Common Blackbird , a Song Thrush , a Eurasian Sparrowhawk , 4 Eurasian Jay , 2 Common Buzzard and a Cetti`s Warbler .
I then had a bit of luck around 10.30 and found the bird that made my day ...  a smart little Yellow-Browed Warbler ! the bird was seen 3 times coming out of a bush to grab a fly and then shooting right back in again , it was seen from the path that leads to the viewing platform on the bushes that run beside Bowling Green Lane , I stayed looking for it for over an hour but it never came out again but it could have worked its way along the bushes going back towards the hide .

No comments:

Post a Comment