Thursday 11 October 2018

Isabelline Shrike

The day started off in the hide at Bowling Green Marsh as it was pouring down with rain but there was still some good birds to be seen with an adult Eurasian Spoonbill , 10 Pied Avocet , a Ruff , 12 Dunlin , 2 Red Knot , 3 Bar-Tailed Godwit and a Whimbrel .
The rain had eased off a bit so I went to check out the bushes by the viewing platform and there was a bit of a fall Bowling Green Marsh standards with 10-15 Goldcrest , 2 Common Chiffchaff and a male Blackcap , then a tit flock went through and in with them was a Firecrest and it was my first on the marsh for many a year , I also saw a smallish warbler with a nice supercilium but I never got enough on the bird to clinch it .
Later in the day Andy Bond , Keith Birchall and myself went down to the Golf Course at Thurlestone where a1st winter Isabelline Shrike showed quite well after the rain had stopped

No comments:

Post a Comment