Tuesday 16 October 2018

Grey Catbird

Incredible news broke yesterday of an American Grey Catbird found near Lands End in Cornwall . So very early this morning my mate Andy Bond and myself made the trip down in hope that it would still be there , we arrived around 7am and there was already a bit of a crowd there who were looking for the bird and after a very fretful hour the bird showed itself around just after 8 and we managed to get great views of the bird but I struggled a bit with the photographs today and had to make do with these two , the bird was a new one for me and I expect for most of the birders there as there has only been one in mainland Britain before.....I think !
We then went to Cape Cornwall to look for Red-Billed Chough and we managed to see 9 of them and also seen was a Merlin , the next stop was at Pendeen Point where another 4 Red-Billed Chough were seen . The last stop of the day was at Lower Roskestal Farm near Porthgwarra where White Wagtail and a juvenile Rose-Coloured Starling were added to the day list .

WOW What a day !!

No comments:

Post a Comment