Sunday 25 January 2015

The Good & the Bad !!

This morning I went out to a spot near the village of Ide just outside of Exeter to see if I  could find any Hawfinch as they have been seen in this spot in years gone by but today after looking for quite a while I couldn`t find any , but I did see a Eurasian Nuthatch , a Eurasian Treecreeper and 2 Redwing ! so I then decided to look elsewhere for them and I had just got on to the top road to Longdown when a Red Kite slowly drifted over the road in front of me towards the Perridge Woods , I stopped the car as fast as I could and jumped out to look for it but after searching the sky above the woods there was no sign of it so I came to the conclusion that it must of landed somewhere in the woods , I quickly drew this sketch of it at the time and added the colour later... sorry its not very good lol , I know that in other parts of the country they are seen a lot but down here in the South West it is still a rare bird .
I then went to Dunchideock to look for Little owl but there was no sign of that either and all I saw was 10 Fieldfare and a Common Raven .

No comments:

Post a Comment