Thursday 8 January 2015

Lesser Redpoll

After the rain had stopped this morning my first stop was at Ideford Common to look for Brambling and I managed to see one ! but the view that I had was very brief as it flew onto a feeder but was off again right away , also seen were a few Eurasian Siskin , 2 Eurasian Nuthatch and a Great Spotted Woodpecker .
My next stop was at Decoy Lake in Newton Abbott to look for the male Greater Scaup that I have already missed once this year but today my luck was in with the bird showing very well , on then to the Stover Country Park again as I had had a call telling me that there was some Lesser Redpoll showing there today and I was lucky enough to see six of them but they were in the top of a tree so it was quite hard to get a decent shot of them .

No comments:

Post a Comment