Monday 19 January 2015

Not a bad days Birding !!

I started the day off at Pebblebed Heath where I saw a European Green Woodpecker and a male Common Bullfinch , on then to Sidmouth in East Devon to look for Purple Sandpiper and I found a couple of them with no trouble at all and spent quite a while trying to get a nice shot of them but had a bit of trouble with the early morning light ! but quite happy with this shot in the end .
I then went to Aylesbeare Common and after quite a trudge around the common I saw 3 Dartford Warbler but there was no sign of any  Eurasian Woodcock in there normal spot or the Great Grey Shrike , my last stop of the day was at Venn Ottery Common where I had more luck this time and while walking through the bog I put up a Eurasian Woodcock , 2 Common Snipe and a very nice Jack Snipe but it is very dangerous birding with water coming right over my boots at times and you have to be very careful where you step !!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment