Tuesday 7 January 2014

Rain and more Rain

My photo`s today are of the 1st winter/female Black Redstart photographed at the Topsham Recreation Ground , I put in around 2 hours this morning trying to get a nice shot of this bird and I think that it was well worth it in the end , as this bird is the most nervous Black Redstart that I have ever come across as it flies off into the gardens everytime that you get near to it , so I positioned myself in a gate doorway and waited for it to come to me & this was the result .
The other photo is of our Rook one of our common birds of the Corvid family & this photo was taken from the car in a heavy downpour of rain & you do not realize how colourful these birds are until you get a nice shot of one .

A late add on to todays birding , there were 2 Glossy Ibis in the fields next to the Otter Estuary this afternoon .

No comments:

Post a Comment