Friday 17 January 2014

No rain for a change !!

A look at my local patch Bowling Green Marsh this morning got me my first Knot of the year , also seen were numerous Shoveler & Pintail , 5 Pochard , the 1st winter Long-Tailed Duck and quite a lot of Avocet , I then went across the river to the Exminster Marshes that are still holding a lot of water and I managed to see a male Peregrine Falcon , a Water Rail & 20+ Golden Plover , and further down the Exe Estuary I saw my first Greenshank of the year off of the Powderham railway crossing & later in the evening I was lucky enough to get a phone call telling me that there was a Glaucous Gull showing in the Exe Estuary viewed from The Exmouth docks so I shot off down to there as fast as I could and managed to see the 1st/2nd winter bird just before the light went , a very nice bird to get for the year ( Thanks Matt ) .

No comments:

Post a Comment