Wednesday 29 January 2014

A Good Day

This morning I got these shots of our Siskin up at the main Haldon Forest headquarters where the birds are very confiding , also seen were numerous Coal Tit , Great Tit & Blue Tit , I then went across to Ideford Common where I saw 2 Crossbill that flew into trees on the other side of the main road .
My next port of call was down at Dawlish Warren to look for a reported Black-Necked Grebe but I couldn`t find it anywhere but I did see a very nice Red-Necked Grebe along with 3 Great Crested Grebe , a single Slavonian Grebe , 2 Red-Throated Diver , a Great Northern Diver & 2 female Eider , but the bird of the day was an adult Yellow-Legged Gull that was sat on a sand bar just inside the Exe Estuary but after a while it got up and flew around giving great views .

No comments:

Post a Comment