Friday 24 January 2014

Not a lot today

An early morning look around Darts Farm in Topsham didn't turn up much at all today but I did see over 300 Dark Bellied Brent Geese and in with them were 2 Light Bellied birds of the race hrota , also seen in the fields was an impressive count of over 70+ Curlew , I then walked around the top fields and saw 30+ Skylark and in with them was a smaller possible Woodlark but I couldn`t get enough on it to clinch it ... but lets hope someone else sees the bird , also seen were a few Pied Wagtails the bird that we count in this country !! but it is only really a sub specie of the nominate bird the White Wagtail .
I then went across to the Exminster Marshes to look for the Merlin that was seen yesterday & I saw a bird flying across the marsh very quickly that I think was it but again I did not get enough to clinch it , I had just one of those days I suppose !

No comments:

Post a Comment