Thursday 13 September 2018

Pallid Harrier

Well who would have thought that today I would end up with a Devon Tick . As this morning I went down to my local patch Bowling Green Marsh more in hope than anything else as lately we are getting no change on the marsh and today was again the same , with the juvenile Western Marsh Harrier putting in an appearance along with 10 Common Greenshank , a Spotted Redshank , 4 Red Knot and a single Pied Avocet........Also seen was the superb Supermarine Spitfire that made a couple of passes over the marsh .
BUT much later in the day I got a message from Exmouth birder Matt Knott telling me that he thought that he had a juvenile Pallid Harrier up on Colaton Raleigh Common so I got in the car and flew !!!! up there as fast as I could and managed to see the bird that had now been confirmed as a Pallid Harrier ( A first for Devon I think ) just before it seemed to go to roost . I will be up there again in the morning to look for it again in hope of getting a shot of it .....Well done Matt .

No comments:

Post a Comment