Saturday 8 September 2018

Eurasian Wryneck

 A look at Bowling Green Marsh this morning only got me a Ruff and 2 Common Chiffchaff but a look at the Clyst Estuay from the viewing platform was a lot better with a Water Rail , 9 Common Ringed Plover , a juvenile Curlew Sandpiper and 2 Glossy Ibis that flew up the Clyst and went towards  Bowling Green Marsh .
I then went out to the Goatswalk where you can look down the Exe Estuary where I saw a Little Egret and a fishing Osprey . News then broke of a Eurasian Wryneck being found at Dawlish Warren on the point , so I went down and joined up with fellow birder Dave Bradford to look for it and as I was walking through the long grass it came up from in front of me and flew around a bit , I called out to Dave and he got on to it and we watched it fly towards the dune ridge , we went over to look for it but we could not find it again . It nice to see my first one in Devon for a while !

No comments:

Post a Comment