Thursday 27 September 2018

Black-Legged Kittiwake

I have been covering my local patch Bowling Green Marsh since 1985 and like most birders that do the same will know , that most of the times all you get is most of the same everyday . But today was a bit different , as I found an adult Black-Legged Kittiwake in with the Black-Headed Gulls . Now I know that most people will think ( yeah sooooo ! ) but in the 33 years that I have been covering the marsh this was only the second one that I have managed to see on there....So there lol
Also seen on the marsh today were 12 Pied Avocet & 2 Whimbrel . I then went down to the area near the viewing platform where I saw a Water Rail ,  2 Common Chiffchaff , a male and female Blackcap , singles of Great Spotted Woodpecker , Eurasian Nuthatch and Eurasian Jay and there was a large flock of Common Starling in a range of different plumages .
Also seen were the following Butterflies .. Speckled Wood , Red Admiral and Comma .

2 comments:

  1. I don’t think “yeah soooo!” at all mate. That’s a cracking record for the site.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Next one might be Red-legged Kittiwake!

    ReplyDelete