Tuesday 28 August 2018

Red Knot

An early morning look at Bowling Green Marsh over the high tide got me 3 Red Knot with one of them looking like a juvenile bird , there was also numerous Eurasian Curlew , Black-Tailed Godwit and Common Redshank , 20+ Dunlin , 16 Common Greenshank , 2 Whimbrel , 2 Green Sandpiper , a 2nd summer Mediterranean Gull and a Stock Dove . I then left the hide and went to have a look around the bushes by the viewing platform where I saw 2 Common Kingfisher , a Great Spotted Woodpecker , a Common Chiffchaff and a male Eurasian Bullfinch .
My next stop was at Goosemoor and I saw another Common Chiffchaff and my first Blackcap of the autumn in the bushes by the railway line , and a look out at reserve got me 2 Common Sandpiper and a Spotted Redshank .

No comments:

Post a Comment