Thursday 16 August 2018

European Storm Petrel

I went down to Exmouth early this morning in the rain to look for a reported Black Tern , I looked out from an area near the docks and soon picked it out feeding in with a gull flock .
Even though the rain was falling quite heavy I decided to go to the other end of Exmouth near the lifeboat station and went up to the raised beach huts for a seawatch , for quite a while I was only getting some Northern Gannet and Black-Legged Kittiwake , then the rain stopped for a short spell allowing me to see a couple of Northern Fulmar and 2 European Storm Petrel , one of them was about three quarters of the way out but the other one was in a bit more closer , its the first ones that I have seen in Devon for a few years .

My Photoshop is down at the moment so no pics for a while .

No comments:

Post a Comment