Wednesday 21 February 2018

What a Day !

This morning I went for a look around my local patch Bowling Green Marsh and the day started off well with both European Green Woodpecker and Great Spotted Woodpecker the first birds of the day , I then walked down the road a bit and spotted a few Common Snipe and as I was looking at them a Jack Snipe flew in and joined then but they were soon lost from view in the sedge around the small pool , this was only my 5th seen on the marsh in over 30 years . Also seen was this European Golden Plover , 30+ Bar-Tailed Godwit and a Red Knot .
As myself and a few other birders were all stood together one of them said that he had something dash across the road so we went and had a look and it was a Weasel but it shot into the bushes and was lost from view . Everyone then went off in different directions but I decided to go down the road past where it had gone in and I picked a spot with the sun behind me and just waited and after about an hour out it popped again by the side of the road and not only that a second one then dashed across the road to join it , as I have never photographed one before I just fired off shot after shot and I was over the moon with the results that I got today from my amazing encounter with an elusive Weasel .

No comments:

Post a Comment