Saturday 15 April 2017

Eurasian Spoonbill

This morning I got in my car and drove to the end of my road intending to go to the Exminster Marshes but at the last minute I decided to have a quick look at Bowling Green Marsh and it turned out to be a good decision as when I was in the hide a Eurasian Spoonbill flew over and then dropped into the marsh , the first one that I have seen in Devon this year . There was not a lot else to report on the marsh but a 100+ Common Sand Martin ,  a Common House Martin and 2 Barn Swallow were nice .
A look at Goosemoor got me 15 Common Greenshank and the summer plumaged Spotted Redshank and a look from the viewing platform at the Clyst Estuary turned up 3 Great Crested Grebe , a female Long-Tailed Duck , 10 Red Knot and a Mediterranean Gull .

No comments:

Post a Comment