Friday 12 February 2016

Lesser Spotted Woodpecker

A look from the hide at Bowling Green Marsh this morning got me the usual wildfowl with Eurasian Wigeon  , Common Teal , Northern Shoveler , Gadwall , Northern Pintail , Common Pochard and Tufted Duck , also seen was my first Water Rail on the marsh this year , 500+ Black-Tailed Godwit , 50+ Bar-Tailed Godwit , 300+ Pied Avocet , 10 Eurasian Curlew and 3 Grey Plover .
I then went out to Steps Bridge for a look and was lucky enough to find a Lesser Spotted Woodpecker as it wasn't drumming or calling and I only found it as I saw some bits falling from a tree and looked up and there it was ! , also seen was a Great Spotted Woodpecker , a Eurasian Nuthatch , a Eurasian Treecreeper , 4 Eurasian Siskin and a few Marsh Tit .

No comments:

Post a Comment