Thursday 30 April 2015

Greenland Wheatear ?

This morning I had another look at Bowling Green Marsh to see if yesterdays Garganey was still there but there was no sign of them today but there was a nice Common Sandpiper and a calling Cetti`s Warbler , I then went across to the Exminster Marshes where I saw two Eurasian Hobby sat on posts way out in the marsh , numerous Common Sand Martin , Common House Martin and Barn Swallow were on show along with 3 Common Swift , I then found two Northern Wheatear and by the size and brightness of the birds I think they are Greenland Wheatear of the race leucorhoa .....if anyone thinks different please let me know ! my last stop was at the Haldon Forest where I saw my first Pearl-bordered fritillary butterflies of the year .

No comments:

Post a Comment