Monday 13 April 2015

Grasshopper Warbler

I had early news today of a reeling Common Grasshopper Warbler near the railway bridge on the Exminster Marshes so I made my way over there as quick as I could but the traffic was horrendous that time of the morning so I didn`t get there to around 8.30 , I gave it around an hour but didn`t hear or see any sign of it , so I decided to have a look around the marshes seeing Whimbrel and Water Rail in the first fields , I then walked down the back path right to the end of the marsh and saw 6 male Blackcap , 4 Common Chiffchaff , 3 Willow Warbler ...( great to hear them in song ) and 3 Cetti`s Warbler , I then walked in an area where there are Grass Snakes and I managed to see one , Then there it was ! a reeling Common Grasshopper Warbler !! I stopped and thought to myself was that it or was I hearing things when all of a sudden it reeled again ... Gropper bang to rights , it was reeling from bramble on the other side of the railway line in Powderham Marsh so giving me no chance of seeing it or getting a shot so it still stays that I have only managed to get a shot of these birds just the once and as fate would have it that was on Powderham Marsh also !!

No comments:

Post a Comment