Friday 17 April 2015

Great White Egret

I started the day off at Bowling Green Marsh but all I saw were 3 Whimbrel , so I then walked down to the viewing platform where I saw 2 female Goosander & a summer plumaged Spotted Redshank , next stop was at Goosemoor where 2 Egyptian Geese were added to the list along with numerous Blackcap .
I then decided to look for the Great White Egret that was seen on Powderham Park yesterday but there was no sign of it on the pool so I drove further down the road and turned around and headed back towards the Exminster Marshes when the GWE flew out of the park and went across the railway line towards the Exe Estuary , I didn`t get any features on this bird so I don't know if it was yesterdays bird or not ! I then had a look at the Exminster Marsh with my good mate Dave Land and we found a large Egret but it was on the far side of the marsh so we headed over to have a look at it and it turned out to be a breeding plumaged Great White Egret with a dark bill and green lores so a different bird than the Powderham bird as that had a yellow bill....so not a bad day !!

No comments:

Post a Comment