Thursday 8 May 2014

Sea Watching

It was blowing a bit this morning so I decided to go down to Orcombe Point in Exmouth to do a bit of sea watching , I found a spot out of the wind and settled down and the first birds that I saw were Northern Gannet and in the end I must have seen 30+ of these , then I came across 3 Black Tern all together heading south , also seen were 5 Sandwich Tern & 3 Common Tern , 5 Black Legged Kittiwake , then the bird of the day a European Storm Petrel that was picked up heading south , the only other birds seen were my first 2 Manx Shearwater of the year but I did hear that a lot more was seen nearby off of Budleigh Salterton !
At Orcombe Point itself there was a Common Kestrel , a Common Whitethroat and a Garden Warbler & off of the Imperial Car Park in Exmouth there was 13 Whimbrel feeding by the shore line .

No comments:

Post a Comment