Saturday 4 January 2020

Haldon Forest

I took a trip up to the Haldon Forest this morning in hope of seeing Hawfinch , I arrived and walked down the cycle path to the area where they have been see and settled in to for a wait . And after a while I picked up my first bird of the day a Northern Goshawk that was being mobbed by a couple of Common Raven , the next bird I saw was a bit strange for the area a fly through Grey Heron , also recorded were Great Spotted Woodpecker , Song Thrush , Coal Tit and Eurasian Jay .
The day was moving on and I was thinking that my luck was out when all of a sudden around a dozen Common Crossbill flew in and landed in one of the tall trees and there with them for a short while was a single Hawfinch the bird that I had come looking for .

No comments:

Post a Comment