Wednesday 8 January 2020

GWE

I had a look around the Ludweel Valley Country Park again today but the birding was a bit slow with only 4 Grey Wagtail and singles of Great Spotted Woodpecker , Song Thrush , Common Chiffchaff and a male Eurasian Bullfinch .
A quick look at Bowling Green Marsh got me a Ruff . I then went to Darts Farm in Topsham and checked out the small finch flock but all I could see were Common Chaffinch . From there I went across to Tremlett`s Marsh to look for Common Kingfisher and as I was driving in along the small road a  Great White Egret flew across the marsh in front of the car and carried on up to the far end of the Clyst Marshes towards Clyst St Mary . There has been one in the area for a few days around the Exe Estuary so perhaps this could be it !

No comments:

Post a Comment