Wednesday 20 November 2019

Better Shots !

My daily look at Bowling Green Marsh turned up a nice surprise this morning as the 1st winter male Long-Tailed Duck came down the channel and much closer to the hide allowing me to get the shots that I have been after since it turned up 3 days ago , as up till today it had stayed well out on the main lake . Also seen from the hide today were 2000+ Black-Tailed Godwit , the Long-Billed Dowitcher , 4 Dunlin and a Common Greenshank .
I went down to look for yesterdays Hawfinch but I had no luck as the wind was a lot stronger today with not many birds on show at all with only a few Goldcrest and Redwing and 2 Eurasian Bullfinch .
I had a look at the top of Bowling Green Lane for the Firecrests but I only managed to see two of them today .

No comments:

Post a Comment