Friday 30 November 2018

Otter

This morning saw me on Colaton Raleigh Common as I had heard that a Hen Harrier had been seen on the commons but I spent quite a while looking for it but had no luck again , I think that you need some luck and just jam in on these birds . There was not a lot else to see with 28 Carrion Crow , 2 Common Raven , 4 Common Skylark , 3 Dartford Warbler and a male and female Common Stonechat .
My next stop was at Woodbury Castle where there was a flock of Common Chaffinch and in with them were 2 male and 2 female Brambling but I expect that there are more . Also seen was a European Green Woodpecker , 2 Eurasian Nuthatch and a Eurasian Treecreeper . My last stop of the day was a quick look at Bowling Green Marsh where there was quite a rare bird for the marsh a Great Crested Grebe and it was only my 3rd on here in over 30 years of covering it .But the highlight of the day was an Otter seen on the far side of the marsh in front of the reedbed and only my second one seen on here .

No comments:

Post a Comment