Wednesday 21 November 2018

Bearded Reedling

On a frosty morning I decided to have a look around the Cemetery Grounds outside of my house in Topsham and the first birds that I saw was a large flock of Redwing and a couple of Mistle Thrush were in with them .
I then went to the old sludge beds at Countess Wear as I thought that the Pallas`s Leaf Warbler may have ended up in there but there was no sign of it today . But I did see a few Long-Tailed Tit , 3 Coal Tit , 2 Goldcrest , a Great Spotted Woodpecker and a Eurasian Treecreeper , I then walked along the path beside the Exeter Canal to look out at the Exe Reedbeds and I had 2 sightings of a female type Bearded Reedling but it may have been just the one bird , I have had them at this site a few times before but this was my first for quite a while .

No comments:

Post a Comment