Monday 23 April 2018

Common Swift

A quick look this morning at Bowling Green Marsh in Topsham got me numerous Black-Tailed Godwit and 4 Ruff . I then went to have a look around the Exminster Marshes where I saw 2 Barnacle Goose , my first Merlin in Devon this year shot across the marsh like a rocket but I couldn't pick it up again , numerous Barn Swallow and Common Sand Martin were going through the marsh most of the time and in with them was my first Common Swift of the year , a few Sedge Warbler and European Reed warblers were seen along with a Cetti`s Warbler and as you can see I got nice views of Common Linnet and Winter Wren .
Later in the day I went down to Exmouth to look for some Little Terns that had been seen but I was out of luck with them but I did see a Common Tern that was also new for the year .

No comments:

Post a Comment