Monday 1 January 2018

Here we go again !

Happy New Year to all my readers

Out at first light this morning to start the year off . And I started the day at Bowling Green Marsh in Topsham where I got most of the common birds on the marsh and I also saw 30+ Northern Pintail , 20+ Tufted Duck , a Common Snipe , a Common Kingfisher , a Eurasian Jay and a male Eurasian Bullfinch . A look at the Exe Estuary then got me 300+ European Golden Plover , 30+ Pied Avocet , 3 Red Knot and a single Bar-Tailed Godwit .
My next stop was at Exwick Churchyard to look for some Hawfinch that have been seen for a few days now and I managed to see 5 of them , I then went to a spot near the village of Lympstone where I saw 2 male and a female Yellowhammer , a male and female Cirl Bunting and 4 Reed Bunting , on then to another spot in Lympstone where 4 Brambling showed quite well , the day was then finished off at Exmouth where a look at Lyme Bay got me numerous Northern Gannet , 12 Black-Legged Kittiwake and 10 Common Scoter .

No comments:

Post a Comment