Tuesday 31 October 2017

Hen Harrier

This morning I got to the Exminster Marshes as I hoped that the female Merlin that has been seen there would show but I was out of luck today . But I did see a female Western Marsh Harrier , 10 Meadow Pipit , a nice Water Pipit ( only my 2nd of the year ) , 4 Winter Wren , 7 Cetti`s Warblers at least , 2 Common Chiffchaff , 10 European Goldfinch and a male Eurasian Bullfinch .
Later in the day Andy Bond and myself went up to Dartmoor near Cold East Cross to look for some reported Ring Ouzel , we heard one right away and we expected them to be feeding on the berries but we couldn`t see them anywhere then out of nowhere a flock of them flew past us showing nice silvery wing panels there must have been 10-15 making it the most that I have ever seen together , also seen was a flock of over 100 European Golden Plover and we finished the day off with a nice female Hen Harrier , my first of the year .

No comments:

Post a Comment