Sunday 29 October 2017

Colyford Common

This morning Sue and I went over to Colyford Common to look for a reported Glossy Ibis but when we arrived we were told that the bird was not showing at the moment , so we settled down in the hide to see what else was around and we saw 4 Little Egret and 2 Grey Heron and then in flew a superb Great White Egret and joined them . It is only the second one that I have seen on these marshes .
I then got news of a Cattle Egret that was showing on Bridge Marsh so we went to have a look at it but by the time we got there it had flown across the road to the fields opposite but it still showed well . While we were there I had a call telling me that the Glossy Ibis was showing again so we went back and got good views of it to end a good mornings birding .

No comments:

Post a Comment