Bubo

BUBO Listing www.bubo.org

Saturday, 10 June 2017

Bowling Green Marsh

Once again the time of year has come to praise Mr Pete Otley  for the management of Bowling Green Marsh !! as I went for a look there today and was rewarded with some superb views of some thistles and grasses of enormous height all around the edges of the pool , the only trouble is that there could have been a dozen or so birds hidden away behind all of the foliage , perhaps even a Great Bustard but you would never get the chance to see them lol
I put in a request around 3 weeks ago asking for the edges to be cut , not a lot to ask for ! for a reserve that is claimed to be the jewel of the South West . But I wont hold my breath lol .
So once again Mr Otley the enigma that you are , thank you for all of your endeavour ! as for all of the time that I have been birding the marsh I have only met you twice and then you promised a new scrape in front of the hide, but perhaps that is still somewhere over the rainbow lol .

No comments:

Post a Comment