Sunday 4 September 2016

Osprey over the marsh !

Today I did a morning look at my local patch Bowling Green Marsh from 8 - 11o/c and was rewarded with nice views of an adult Osprey over the River Clyst side of the marsh , I managed to get these few shots of it but I was in the hide so it was quite a distance but I am still pleased with the results seeing it was so far off !!
Also seen were 4 juvenile Curlew Sandpiper , the long staying juvenile Wood Sandpiper , a winter plumaged Spotted Redshank , 3 Bar-Tailed Godwit , numerous Common Redshank , Black-Tailed Godwit , Eurasian Curlew and Dunlin , and down by the viewing platform 2 Willow Warbler , a Eurasian Jay and a flock of 30+ Rook were seen , and there had also been a bit of a fall of Goldcrest , on the River Clyst a Common Kingfisher flew up and down a few times .

No comments:

Post a Comment