Monday 19 September 2016

Lesser Grey Shrike

I started today with a look at Goosemoor in Topsham where I saw a Spotted Redshank , 2 Grey Plover and a Water Rail , then I had a quick look at Bowling Green Marsh but the only birds of note were a Bar-Tailed Godwit and a Common Snipe , I then thought that I would look for Osprey on the Exe Estuary but there was none to be seen and all I saw were 2 Common Kingfisher and a Common Sandpiper .
But then I got news of an adult Lesser Grey Shrike showing at the Mount Batten area of Plymouth and seeing that I had only seen one in Devon before in 2002 at Dawlish Warren I decided to go for it ! I picked up my mate Charlie Fleming another bird photographer and off we went for it , on arrival we were told that the bird had not been seen for over an hour and our chins were on the floor !! but soon news came that the bird had been found further along the coast line so we got there as fast as we could and the bird showed very well to the group of birders assembled in the top fields... a great little bird !

No comments:

Post a Comment