Friday 1 January 2016

Birding 2016

Happy New Year

You had to make the most of this morning before the rain set in so off I went to see what I could get for the new year list ! so I headed for my local patch Bowling Green Marsh in hope that the American Wigeon would be on show but there was no sign of it today , but there was lots of other birds on show with the best being 400+ Pied Avocet , 50+ Bar-Tailed Godwit , a single Spotted Redshank , Eurasian Nuthatch , 20+ Redwing , a nice Mistle Thrush and a superb male and female Bullfinch then around 1.30 the rain set in so I called it a day and headed for home .
Then later in the afternoon I got a call from my mate Matt Knot telling me that he had a Little Gull off of Exmouth beach at Maer rocks , so I headed there as fast as I could and lucky enough the adult winter bird was still feeding offshore , the conditions to get a shot of this bird were horrendous with very high winds that was blowing the sand right into my face so I could only manage to get these to shots , still better than nothing .

Thanks to Matt & Terry Smith for there help

No comments:

Post a Comment