Saturday 16 May 2015

Bowling Green Marsh Tick !!!

This morning saw me on the Exminster Marshes looking for a reported Lesser Whitethroat but after much searching there was no sign of the bird , they just seem to go right through this year ! there was not a lot else to be seen and all I managed to see was a Little Egret , a Eurasian Hobby , 30+ Common Swift and the normal common warblers with Cetti`s Warbler , European Reed Warbler , Sedge Warbler and Blackcap , other things of note seen were Grass Snake , Slow Worm and Common Lizard .
This evening I had a call ( Thanks Keith ) telling me that there was a Short-Eared Owl at Bowling Green Marsh and as I had never seen one on the marsh I got there as fast as I could and just managed to connect with the bird before it was lost from sight making it 198 for the marsh !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment