Wednesday 6 May 2015

1st Sea Watch Of The Year

This morning I went down to Exmouth to do some sea watching but there was not a lot on show in the rough sea and all I could see was 20+ Northern Gannet , 10 Black Legged Kittiwake , 1 Northern Fulmar , 6 Common Scoter , my first 3 Manx Shearwater of the year , good to see these birds again !
3 distant Great Northern Diver , 20+ Sandwich Tern and 5 Common Tern .
I then stopped off at Bowling Green Marsh where I saw another Sandwich tern , 6 Common Gull , 2 Lesser Black-Backed Gull , 9 Little Egret , a Grey Heron , 20+ Bar-Tailed Godwit and a few Whimbrel .

Late afternoon I went down to Exmouth again for another sea watch and saw 2 Arctic Skua that were in Lyme Bay chasing the terns , one was a smart looking light phase bird and the other was a dark phase bird .

No comments:

Post a Comment