Monday 8 September 2014

Woodchat Shrike

News of a Eurasian Wryneck at Dawlish Warren had me making an early morning trip down there to see if I could see it and I had just got to the dune ridge when I had a message from Lee Collins telling me that the bird was still on warren point so I speeded up and got to Lee only to be told that the bird had dropped out of site but as luck would have it Lee found the bird again and I just got on it and fired off this shot just before the bird dropped out of site again and I don't think that the bird was seen again today ! I then had a text telling me that there was a juvenile Woodchat Shrike showing in the  Greenland Lake area so I went back to look for it and the bird showed very well for most of the day to lots of birders , there was also a scattering of good bird also to be seen with 7 Northern Wheatear , 3 Common Whitethroat , 2 Great Spotted Woodpecker and singles of Whinchat , Blackcap and Garden Warbler , also seen was this smart Wasp Spider seen on the dune ridge , I had only just got home and was cooking supper when the phone went of again telling me that there was 3 Little Stint on Bowling Green Marsh so another year tick added to the list .

No comments:

Post a Comment