Saturday 20 September 2014

Red-Breasted Flycatcher

Autumn is here so time to start checking out the Topsham Cemetery Grounds and today I saw 2 Common Chiffchaff , a male Blackcap , a Eurasian Nuthatch and a Coal Tit , also seen were the following Butterflies , 3 Speckled Wood , a Clouded Yellow and a Small Copper .
I then had some great news of a Red-Breasted Flycatcher that was found near the Bristol Schools Camp in Exmouth so I got there as fast as I could and was lucky that the finder Matt Knott was still there and he soon got me onto the bird , the views were distant but quite good but a bit to distant to get any good shots of it so I had to make do with this record shot......but its the first time that I have managed to get any shots of these birds !! So a big thanks Matt .

No comments:

Post a Comment