Sunday 22 April 2012

Wow What a Day !!

My first day out for quite a while due to illness turned out to be rather good ! First stop was an early visit to the Exminster Marshes where I got 3 yearticks , over 100 + Whimbrel , 2 Reed Warbler & 2 Sedge Warbler , also seen was an Osprey that flew across the marsh & went off towards the Turf Hotel , then on a walk from the middle car park down to the viewing platform that looks out over the main lagoon I saw half a dozen Cetti`s Warbler`s , 2 Chiffchaff & a Willow Warbler .
I then went down to Dawlish Warren where I met up with Brian Heasman & the Warren birders & I saw the following , 10 distant Manx Shearwater , a light phase Arctic Skua , 20+ Sandwich Tern , a single Common Tern , a much appreciated Little Tern & 16 Eider , I then headed for home stopping again at the Exminster Marshes & this time seeing 2 more yearticks with 2 Swift & a House Martin that was in with a few Sand Martin .

No comments:

Post a Comment