Friday 6 April 2012

Another very good day !

I was down at Gore Lane in Exmouth just before sunrise this morning in hope of catching up with yesterdays male Ring Ouzel that was found by Brian Heasman & I was in luck as the bird showed at 6.30 in the hedge that it was seen in late yesterday , also seen was a Mistle Thrush , I then walked around the edge of the field & I found the superb male Redstart that was also seen yesterday & I just about got this distant shot of it ! also seen in the area was my first Wheatear of the year , 6 Stock Dove & 4 Chiffchaff .
I then had a call telling me that there was an Osprey on the Exe Estuary so I went to Exton Station to look for it & found it down river off of Lympstone , next stop was at the viewing platform that looks out over the Clyst Estuary where there was two of yesterdays Spotted Redshank`s but not the summer plumaged bird & to finish the day off I had Willow Warbler & Blackcap in my garden .

Happy Easter to everyone

No comments:

Post a Comment