Monday 7 October 2024

Heavy Rain

 I have just had a couple of days away in Cornwall with the first day spent in heavy rain all day . So I did some sea watching at Porthgwarra where I saw 4 Cory`s Shearwater , a single Great Shearwater , 2 Arctic Skua , a Pomarine Skua , numerous Northern Gannet and Black-Legged Kittiwake and 2 Atlantic Grey Seal .

The 2nd day started at Pendeen with 4 Great Shearwater , 2 Cory`s Shearwater , 6 Manx Shearwater and 3 Balearic Shearwater . On then to Lands End to look for Eurasian Wryneck but I had no luck , but I did see 3 Common Raven , a Common Kestrel and 10 Meadow Pipit .                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      I then went to Porthgwarra again for another sea watch and saw 4 Cory`s Shearwater , and a close in Great Shearwater .

The day was finished off at the Botallick Tin Mine with 3 Red-Billed Chough .

No comments:

Post a Comment