Thursday 5 October 2023

Richards Pipit

 This morning I took a look around the new LORP reserve at Budleigh Salterton and I got there just as an Osprey was fishing . I watched it for a while before it drifted out of view .

Also seen were 7 Little Egret , 2 Grey Heron,  a Grey Wagtail , an Eurasian Jay and a small flock of Common Linnet .                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        I got a message from Exmouth Birder Matt Knott telling me that he had found a Richards Pipit in the top fields at Gore Lane , it was late in the afternoon so I jumped into the car and got there as fast as I could . The field that it was in was full of weeds so there was not much hope of seeing it on the ground , so we formed a line and walked through the field and were rewarded with a couple of flight views of this hard to get bird , especially in Devon .

Many thanks Matt .



No comments:

Post a Comment