Wednesday 20 September 2023

Seawatching

 The weather looked good for a seawatch this morning , so I went down to Exmouth as the rain just started to fall and went to my favourite spot and settled in for a couple of hours birding .

At first I was only seeing numerous Northern Gannets going through . But then I got my eye in and started to pick up Balearic Shearwaters and a few Manx Shearwater going through with them . I then got a Great Shearwater and 2 Cory`s Shearwater great sightings of 2 birds that are very hard to catch up with in local waters . There was 5 other large Shearwater that also went through but they were too for out for me to be happy to name them . Also going through were 2 Arctic Skua , 4 Black-Legged Kittiwake and the bird of the day for me a nice juvenile Sabine`s Gull a nice find for me and my first in Devon since 2017 😁 

No comments:

Post a Comment