Tuesday 27 September 2022

Red-Necked Phalarope

Late yesterday evening news came out of a Red-Necked Phalarope on Bowling Green Marsh so I jumped into the car and shot off down there . I arrived to find the finder still there and he soon put me onto it , but the bird was distant with light dropping fast so at this time I could only say to be sure that it was a Phalarope ! Later on I saw footage of the bird that the finder had taken and could then say yes that it was a RNP .

So this morning I went down again to the marsh just as the light was starting to rise and the bird was still there but it was still distant with hardly any light at all . I only managed to get these two shots of it in the bad conditions before the bird flew out of the marsh and headed north . But then again I did not expect to get anything at all . The bird was a new one for me on the Exe Estuary and puts me on 318 .

Also seen todat were 3 Eurasian Spoonbill , a Garganey , a female Western Marsh Harrier and 2 Tawny Owl were heard calling 1st thing .

No comments:

Post a Comment