Thursday 11 February 2021

Winter Wonderland

 I woke up this morning and looked out the window to find that snow had fallen through the night , a rare sighting for us way down here in the South West .

So I decided to walk around the Estuary and I started off at Goosemoor and walked down as far as the bridge over the River Clyst where again I found Otter prints on the mud leading from the river into Bowling Green Marsh . And nearby there was a calling Firecrest .

I then made my way to the estuary as Bowling Green Marsh was frozen over and covered in snow , on the estuary there were quite a few Pied Avocet with some in very close . I then carried on walking towards Topsham where I stopped for a look at the quay and found around 30+ Dunlin and I was just about to get a shot of them when I had a bit of luck as a Spotted Redshank flew in and joined them . I then noticed that there were some nice Red-Breasted Merganser out on the river , so I went to take a look at them and to my amazement I found a female Long-Tailed Duck in with them , a superb way to finish off a mornings birding ..

No comments:

Post a Comment