Monday 4 January 2021

A Good Day

 A trip down to Brixham this morning to try and catch up with some of the birds on show there . The first birds that I saw were a few Black-Legged Kittiwake that were sat riding out the rough weather  . A walk up to the pontoon then got me a nice Iceland Gull . The wind was picking up and a look out to sea got me a few Northern Gannet and in with them was a dark phase Pomarine Skua , I then had a look from the top road and picked up the winter plumaged Black Guillemot the main bird that I had come for .

My next stop was at Broadsand where a few Cirl Bunting were added to the year list . On then to Youngs Park in Goodrington for a male Greater Scaup . The last destination of the day was at Aveton Gifford to look for the Lesser Yellowlegs that is wintering there , and the bird showed very well but it was hard to get a decent shot of it due to the harsh light . On the way home a stop at the bridge in Buckfastleigh got me Manderin Duck , Goosander and White-Throated Dipper .

No comments:

Post a Comment