Saturday 7 November 2020

Ring Ouzel

 Today was started at Goosemoor in Topsham where there was a Green Sandpiper that was my first on the Exe Estuary this year , also seen were a few Black-Tailed Godwit and some Common Greenshank . Next a look at Bowling Green Marsh produced 3 Dunlin , a Red Knot and 3 Stock Dove but the viewing is very restricted .

I then went across to the Exminster Marshes and I saw the following birds . 20+ Dark Bellied Brent Goose , 400+ European Golden Plover , a Common Kestrel , a Eurasian Sparrowhawk , a female Merlin that has been around the marshes for a while now but it has taken me 5 trips to catch up with it ! I then saw my bird of the day ...my first ever Ring Ouzel on the marshes , an adult female bird that was in with a few Common Blackbird and Redwings .  


No comments:

Post a Comment