Tuesday 29 October 2019

Hawfinch

News came out yesterday of some Hawfinch seen in the Haldon Forest , so today I went up to see if there was ant still about . The first place I went to to was where they were seen yesterday but all I saw there was 200+ Common Wood Pigeon that were flying over heading south , 3 Common Crossbill also went over and in the trees were a flock of Common Chaffinch .
I then went to another site under the row of pylons and after a while I logged onto a single Hawfinch but I only saw it on top of a tree for a short while before it dropped into cover , a couple of other birders were looking for it also and after a bit of a wait I managed to pick the bird up on call and it then flew out of the trees giving all of us nice views , also seen were 5 more Common Crossbill and a flock of 100+ Redwing .

No comments:

Post a Comment